Whether you like to communicate through writing is another story. I wrote before about getting your ideas out of your brain and onto paper, and even if you're not a top-notch writer, you can still communicate your brilliant ideas through blogging.
Creating and maintaining a blog can serve multiple purposes. Yes, of course it communicates the information you want to share, but it also communicates who you are, your personality and talents, your skills and gifts. For instance, if you regularly read this or my spiritual blog, you know more about me than most.
There are so many ways to set up an online blog with little or no cost. Here's a quick down-and-dirty suggestion list to get you thinking.
- What do you have a passion for? What do you REALLY wish you could talk about whenever you want to? Then write about that! How to make cupcakes, inspirational quotes, marketing resources, car repair tips, anything!
- Write down an outline of a series of posts that would be interesting to readers. Create a structure.
- Get online and search "free blog", and you'll find resources like Weebly.com, Blogger.com, and others. Create your blog site.
- Think of who you want to "talk" to, and tell everyone that the site is up. If it is related to business, be sure to create a solid marketing plan around the blog. After all, the whole point is for someone to read it, right?
- Seek out similar blogs or forum sites, and comment regularly with valuable information (NOT spam!!). Include your blog site in your signature. Cross-links like this are very effective.