If you have seen my story, you know that I fell into this work after a layoff many years ago forced me to re-evaluate what I was doing. I knew for a fact I couldn't face another job that didn't matter to me, and working for people with whom I didn't share a passion. I was tossed off that cliff and told to fly in a time when I didn't even know I had wings, let alone how to use them!
But I realized that I not only had valuable skills, but there was a whole community of people who needed and wanted support in their work. Lightseeds was a perfect match!
Now, if you are working in a job you love, good for you...stick with it as long as you feel that heart-drive. But if you want to explore creating your own business, do so with heart, with information, and with courage.
- Know exactly what you absolutely ROCK at doing.
- Know exactly what your heart wants you to do.
- Combine those two - there's your sweet spot of creation.
- Know with whom you want to work. Who do you WANT to work for/with, and who will most need and value your services?
- Do immense amounts of research regarding insurance, legal and regulatory requirements for your chosen field, as well as fees, equipment, and marketing needs.
- TALK to people. Get all your marketing in order and TALK. Reaching out is the only way to spread the word about your offering.
Last: DO it! Intend to do it, and take action...DO it!