- Take one day (more if you can) as a solitary mental health day - meditate, stare out a window and clear your mind of all thoughts, read a light and entertaining novel, watch comedies.
- Get out in nature and use all your senses - what fragrances do you notice, what colors and textures, what sounds do you hear?
- Savor the produce of summer and use all your senses - what does a warm, fresh-picked strawberry taste like? Enjoy that tangy, fresh aroma at a farmer's market. Notice the colors and textures of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Use your body - feel the flexibility and strength as you work in your yard or garden. Take long walks in the evening. Lie in the grass and notice the textures and scents. Dance at the beach!
- Honor your personal relationship style. If you're an introvert who really enjoys solitary activities, plan some special ones (stone collecting by the river, taking a class, etc.). If you prefer being in groups, hold a barbecue or picnic, attend outdoor concerts and community events.
However you choose to take a break from routine, make it a special occasion that feeds you, mind, body and spirit, and really enjoy this summer.